- Sources:    A Long Mile ©,   Bônau Cabbage Patch ©, St Mary’s Church, Burry Port HOLY TRINITY CHURCH Previous to the building of Holy Trinity Church services were held the front room of the police station. The congregation outgre the space available and the services were transfered to the schoolroom. At the first Harvest Festival no fewer than 300 people formed the congregation. A small group of faithful worshipers started to raise funds for a new church. Among them was Mr D Davies, Mr George Worgan, Mrs Speck, Mrs Ellerton, Miss Morgan and Miss Sarah Lewis. Holy Trinity was completed in 1904 on land given by Mr Arengo Jones, who was warden of the Parish Church and squire of Cilymaenllwyd. It was decided to build the church from stone quarried from the quarry alongside the church. The architect was Mr Arengo Jones and the stonemason was Mr Thomas Evans and his son. The total cost of the church was to be £550 with the building being ventilated and heated by a process patented by the architect. The dedication service was held on the afternoon of Tuesday 16th November 1904. In 1906 a boundary wall was built from the same stone as the church had been built and the old wooden gate was replaced by an iron one. A chancel and porch was added in 1925 as well as the installation of electricity. In 1928 the need for a Church Hall was great and a hall was built next to the Fire Station for a cost of £360. The size of the hall was increased in 1936 when an extention was added to the rear of the building. A retaining wall was built to the north of the church in 1934 and in 1951 the top part of the churchyard was donated to the church by Lady Howard Stepney. The original organ was sold in 1959 and replaced by a pipe organ which cost £400. This was used until 1978 when it was replaced by an electric organ. At this time the organ chamber was converted into an Altar vestry.     © All photos and articles copyrighted © by their respective owners Please do not take any content from this website without permission or approval. All original site content is copyrighted (2011) to Pwll Action Committee (The Bônau Cabbage Patch) unless stated otherwise. All images, text or items are copyright to their rightful owner(s). If there are any issues or concern with material on this site, please email/contact us directly to be provided credit or have the item(s) removed. We do not claim ownership to anything found on this site unless stated otherwise. The Pwll Action Committee (The Bônau Cabbage Patch) does not knowingly intend or attempt to offend or violate any copyright or intellectual property rights of any entity. No copyright infringement is intended. Please let us know if there are any mistakes in this document. We will check and alter the text where necessary. You can contact us here: pwllmag@gmail.com