L © The Bonau Cabbage Patch Please let us know if there are any mistakes in this document. We will check and alter the text where necessary. You can contact us here: pwllmag@gmail.com Please do not take any content from this website without permission or approval. All original site content is copyrighted (2011) to Pwll Action Committee (The Bônau Cabbage Patch) unless stated otherwise. All images, text or items are copyright to their rightful owner(s). If there are any issues or concern with material on this site, please email/contact us directly to be provided credit or have the item(s) removed. We do not claim ownership to anything found on this site unless stated otherwise. The Pwll Action Committee (The Bônau Cabbage Patch) does not knowingly intend or attempt to offend or violate any copyright or intellectual property rights of any entity. No copyright infringement is intended. PWLL COLLIERY (New Pool Colliery) (Source: welshcoalmines.co.uk Opened in the early 1880’s it was owned by the New Pool Company from 1884. From the Inspector of Mines list 1896, there were 16 men employed underground and 2 on the surface, managed by J.G. Thomas. in 1908 the workforce numbered 42 underground and 10 on the surface, manager J. G. Thomas, working the Cwmmawr seam at the Bertha slant of the mine. Later it was owned by Davies and Evans and Company of Burry Port, who in 1918 employed 88 men managed by J. Bonnel. Listed as ‘idle’ in 1923. Shown in a list 1935 when it employed 10 men on the surface and 60 underground producing 15,000 tons of coal from the Cwmmawr seam. The manager at that time was R.G.Thomas and the owners were Evan Davies and Company Limited. It closed in 1936.