- The Village ... page 1 001 Bassett Terrace All photos copyrighted © by their respective owners Above: Bassett Terrace Above: Looking from Bassett Terrace Westward Above: Mile End House, Bassett Terrace Above: Woollen Mill (Talbot End) Above: Stradey Woods Above: Pwll Road from Old Brickworks Above: Pwll Flood 1933 Above: Pwll Road (opposite Siop Fach) Above: Pwll Road (near Siop Fach) Above: Pwll Road 1891 Above: Siop Fach Above: Bassett Terrace 1982 16xx class 0-6-0PT No 1666 at Pwll Brickworks crossing during May 1958 heading for Burry Port along the Sandy branch built by Burry Port and Gwendraeth Valley Railway. The line from Burry Port to Pwll closed 5 years later in 1963. Above: Aerial view of Pwll Above: Bassett Terrace Above: The old Colliers’ Arms (on the left) plus two houses that were demolished in 1948 for road widening. Pwll Brickworks can be clearly seen on the right.